Table of Contents
– December unemployment rate recorded at 3.9 percent, lowest rate since the pandemic began
– Average social security benefit predicted to rise around $92after 2022 COLA
– No child tax credit payment will be sent in January after Congress fails to pass Build Back Better bill
– Initial unemployment claims rise slightly after weeks of decline
– Congress yet to introduce new stimulus bill as Omicron leads to worker shortages across the country
– $8,000 stimulus payments available to some households in 2022
Useful information & links:
Child Tax Credit
– What is the future of the Child Tax Credit after the Build Back Better bill failed to get support in the Senate?
– What has Senator Manchin said about the Build Back Better bill?
– A stimulus check was sent to the Boston Bomber.
– How many stimulus checks were sent in 2021?
– Could Social Security beneficiaries receive an additional $200this month?